Another item I have ticked off the bucket list is visiting Smorgasburg. If I had been here earlier I’d probably have been there almost every weekend. There are so many different places to eat at. And each place has something which was unique. It’s definitely the kind of thing that I will miss once I’m back in Sydney. There were far too many vendors for me to eat everything, my stomach really isn’t THAT big. But I did manage:
- Ramen burger by Keizo Shimamoto – I wouldn’t wait for more than 20 minutes for this. A craze to rival the Cronut. The sauce was very good, wish they hadn’t been so stingy with it.
- Braised Pork Belly Bun by Bite Size Kitchen – fantastic! And it came with an awesome chilli sauce made with fresh chillies.
- Fry Cone with Curry Ketchup by Home Frite – they were fries, but the sauce was really interesting.
- Tso’s Fried Chicken and Nuoc Chum Brussel Sprouts by Martha – I’m not big on veggies but these were fantastic! The fried chicken was cooked really well but I wasn’t a fan of the sauce.
- Brisket Sandwich by Mighty Quinn’s Barbeque – brisket so tender it was like biting into butter. Apparently they ask you if you would like it fatty or dry. I want to know what kind of loser asks for dry brisket?
- Lemonade by Rockville Market Farm – a little bit too sweet for my liking, but it wasn’t bad.
- Salted Chocolate Doughnut by Dough – I love all their doughnuts and this one was no different.